I don’t know about you, but I have always been a bit nervous about joining a new gym. While my reason for joining was clear-to lose weight-, these gyms seemed big, impersonal, hard-to-find or expensive parking, with various procedures and rules to follow. So, with this in mind, I was not too sure what I would find when I decided to go for the first time to the Full Throttle Fitness gym in Morell.
It has been almost a year now since I have been a regular at Full Throttle Fitness. I have participated in individual classes and a specific program.
My motivation in the last year has been to get healthy, get relief from my lower back pain and avoid taking any pills. Honestly, all of my vital indicators were going in the wrong direction. In full disclosure, I’m 50+ years of age (Okay, I’m not being completely transparent here; ladies have to keep some secrets…LOL).
I can report that I am super excited about where I am now almost twelve months into my membership. There are so many ways to love what Full Throttle Fitness has enabled me to accomplish. Here go my top 10 reasons:
1. It’s fun! I know, I know, you think I’m crazy, but everyone is so welcoming and encouraging. I haven’t attended a class yet in the past year in which we didn’t laugh.
2. Courtney is an inspiring fitness leader and owner. She leads most of the classes herself; motivating us to reach whatever level of fitness we want to and are capable of doing. Alternatives are always given to us, with no judgement, so we can pick and choose what makes sense for us individually. Plus we get to see adorable little Xavier, her son, grow like a weed week by week! Many of the chain gyms don’t have the owner personally involved. Not so at Full Throttle Fitness.
3. I’ve gained strength to a level that I didn’t think was possible when I first joined. I could barely do the 5 pound dumbbells but I have now moved up to the 15 pound ones now. Yes!
4. With strength, I feel I’ve gained more confidence and I’m standing a lot straighter with a major improvement felt in my lower back.
5. Yes, I’ve lost weight, but more importantly, my cholesterol level improved by 12.3%, my blood pressure and glucose levels are now within normal range. There are no pills necessary for me to take. Yeah! And by not having to take any pills, I’m saving a lot of money. I like this a lot too!
6. The classes are never routine. There is always something new to keep us engaged. Courtney is super creative in providing us with so many ways to exercise.
7. We get lots of daily tips. Courtney is very attentive to and responsive to our individual issues. She does this all of the time. To be honest, I have never experienced this in any of the gyms I’ve been too. This is why Courtney has a dedicated following. She is a good and caring person.
8. There are lots of classes available to choose from-or you can follow your own program. I started and still continue to do the Seniors Fitness and yoga classes, but I’ve also added the kettle bell, functional fitness and spinning as I’ve gotten stronger.
9. There are also lots of affordable program choices. I started out with going to select classes and paying for those as I went along. In November, I committed to do the special diet/meal plan/exercise program for 6 weeks. This was great! Most recently, I am taking advantage of the summer special where I can take unlimited classes. With membership comes access 24x7, so you can join a class or work out on your own schedule and routine.
10. We all know that it is a good thing for our bodies to exercise. But it has also helped my mental health by reducing my stress, getting better sleep and overall being more productive and empowered in my professional and personal pursuits.
I couldn’t be happier with how Full Throttle Fitness and Courtney Steele have helped me greatly to improve my life. If you are looking for a comprehensive and comfortable place to do your workouts, this is a great place to check out. Best wishes!